Our Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact David Mouland, our Client Care Partner. You can write to him at 49 Brunswick Road, Gloucester GL1 1JS, telephone him on 01452-529751 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
What will happen next?
1. Within 7 days we will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain any details. If it seems appropriate we will suggest a meeting at this stage. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint (if other than David Mouland).
2. We will then record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint. We will also investigate your complaint by examining the relevant file.
3. If appropriate we will then invite you to meet David Mouland to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We would hope to be in a position to meet with you in this way no longer than 14 days after acknowledging your complaint. If you would prefer not to meet, or if we cannot arrange this within an agreeable timescale, or if we consider that the complaint can be fully responded to in writing without having to trouble you to attend a meeting, we will write fully to you setting out our views on the situation and any redress that we would feel to be appropriate.
4. Within 7 days of any meeting (if one is held) we will write to you to confirm what took place and any suggestions that we have agreed with you. In appropriate cases we could offer an apology, a reduction of any bill or a repayment in relation to any payment received.
5. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, please let us know. We will then arrange to review our decision. We would generally aim to do this within 14 days. This will happen in one of the following ways.
- David Mouland will review his own decision.
- We will arrange for someone in the firm who has not been involved in your complaint to review it.
6. We will let you know the result of the review within 7 days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. We will also give you the name and address of the Legal Ombudsman. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact them about your complaint. We very much hope that this will not be necessary.
On occasions we may need more time to complete our investigations. If so, we will let you know and explain why.
Further action/Legal Ombudsman
The Legal Ombudsman can help if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.
Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first.
Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final decision on your complaint, but for further information you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300-555-0333 or refer to www.legalombudsman.org.uk
Solicitiors Regulation Authority
We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). If you are concerned about the behaviour of this firm you are entitled to report us to the SRA. Matters the SRA will investigate include dishonesty, taking or losing money, and unfair treatment based upon age, race, disability or any other charateristic.
Contact us to arrange a meeting
Luttons Dunford Solicitors
49 Brunswick Road
Tel: 01452 529751
Luttons Dunford Solicitors
16 Imperial Square
Tel: 01242 588570
Or use our contact form.
Lasting Power of Attorney & Deputyship
With an ageing population there is more and more demand from families for Lasting Power of Attorney and Deputyship arrangements. All of our Wills and Probate specialists are well versed in getting through the hoops of an application quickly and cost effectively, giving you peace of mind and the arrangement that suits your family.
Our online debt collection service now has more than 4,000 registered users, all enjoying the benefits of quick, interactive, at-cost debt collection. There is no fee to register and the first letter before action is free.
For all NEWS items click "News" on Menu.